Thursday, December 1, 2011

Slideshow+ Review by iphoneappreviews.net

Slideshow+ iPhone App Slideshow+ Review

Slideshow+ ($1.99)by Socusoft

Available on iPhone & iPod Touch There's probably a billion slideshow apps in the App Store, but this is the first one I've ever tried. With that said... this one's pretty good! From the first time I opened the app I probably could have made the video below in about five minutes if I hadn't been screwing around and tinkering with all the tools it offers for fancying up photo slideshows.

Slideshow+ lets you import photos from your camera roll, Facebook, Flickr, or Picasa and you can add tunes from the Music app (formerly known as the iPod). It's super easy to get things started and slap together a quick video, but doing things like moving photos around and adding title slides is more difficult.


I tried to add a title slide to my video above but it just didn't work, and I also had some problems with moving photos around using the drag and drop function. You can also move photos left or right, one spot at a time, but if you're dealing with a lot of photos that can be kind of a pain in the ass.

Another problem I came across was importing photos from my camera roll. Bringing in pics from Facebook was super easy because I could select a bunch and import them with one tap, but for some reason I could only bring in one photo at a time from the camera roll.

What Slideshow+ does exactly right, however, is the way it syncs your photos to the length of the song you're using. In my Terry the Dawg video above, the photos begin and end with the song and everything in between is timed accordingly, and making that happen only took a couple of taps.

There are lots of other things that Slideshow+ does right as well... transitions between photos, themes that determine how the slideshow plays out, and other timing options. I just hope the bugginess in the title slides and drag-and-drop gets fixed! Oh yeah, and importing from the camera roll needs to improve, too.

It's a pretty good app right now, but it could be great.

Visual Presentation Nice
Ease of Use Quick & dirty slideshows should be easy, but it gets harder after that
Functionality Basic functions are good overall, but some bugs need to be worked out
Value vs. Price If the bugs get fixed then $1.99 sounds right, but right now I'd like it better at $.99
Overall Good, potentially great after working out the kinks


App Name: Slideshow+ (iTunes)
Version: 2.3
Price as of this writing: $1.99. A free version of this app is not available at this time.
iTunes category: Photo & Video
Available on: iPhone & iPod Touch
Developer: Socusoft
Device & iOS used for review: iPhone 4, iOS 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment